Monday, September 22, 2008

A new random post!



It has finally cooled down in the weather around here in Charlotte. Now cooled down here means the high is 72 and the low is 60. Believe me it feels great. I like the warm weather but I am ready for a nice change into Fall.


The Charlotte area was not affected by Hurricane Ike, except gas wise. The word is that the gas here is transported from Texas, near where Ike hit. Before the hurricane hit, people were panicking to get gas before it ran out. So guess what happened? The gas ran out. Even over a week later after Ike damaged Texas, there are still some gas stations here that are not selling gas. Some are selling it for $3.85 and some are selling it for $4.19. Very random. The more I attempt to learn about gas and how it is manufactured and transported, the more I realize I have no idea about it.


Last week was an exciting time at work. I was able to take photos in the operating room at a hospital with one of the doctor's I work with. Most of you know I love the gore and I had a great time watching 2 eye surgeries. I had a hard time not yelling, "That is the coolest thing I have ever seen." But I kept my excitement to myself until the operations were over. I hope to do it again in the future. I'd include a photo from it but I'm pretty sure I signed a huge waiver at the hospital about patients privacy and what I see during my visit there. Also, I don't want to gross everyone out. A lot of people are very wigged out by eyeballs being touched, injected, frozen, etc. (Even people that I work with)

4 comments:

Brooke said...

Even you just mentioning about the eye surgery my tongue immediately got stuck out of my mouth and I had to resist the urge not to vomit. I don't know where you came from, but I'm glad there are people like you in the world that don't get grossed out by that stuff.

Nicholas G. James said...

Frozen? hahahaha

Becky said...

I actually found out that I got this fascination of gross from my Dad, yes your Grandpa.

Heather said...

I'm so jealous of your not hot weather!!! Ugh... It's so freaking hot. My poor little car has no AC and it's supposed to be Fall already! I can't wait till it snows.