Tuesday, September 2, 2008

"Ice Custard Happiness"


There are only a few things I miss about living in Philadephia. 7-11, cheese steaks and Rita's water ice. Everywhere in the world thinks they can make a philly cheese steak, but alas, they cannot. There are no 7-11's in the Carolina's, so I sadly have to get my slurpee fix when I come to Utah to visit. But they just opened a Rita's Water Ice in Charlotte! Yeah! Ice custard happiness, I do now have. Now if you are thinking water ice doesn't sound all that great, you are wrong Colonel Sanders. It is such a delicious treat! They have amazing flavors of italian ice and custard treats to delight. My favorite is the Gelati. It is layers of italian ice and creamy frozen custard.

If you find yourself out on the East coast be sure to see if there is a Rita's nearby. It is a delicious treat you will never forget.

6 comments:

Brandon said...

Ha my friend Jimmy lives in Delaware and he is also in love with Rita's Water Ice.

I say the name "water ice" sucks. It sounds like a flavorless snowcone. Needs a marketing makeover.

But I believe they are awesome. Mail me one.

Becky said...

I agree that the water ice name sucks. When my co-workers in Philly told me to try it I was very hesitant because it sounded stupid. Do they have mailers that you can send frozen stuff in?

Brandon said...

They do, but I was just kidding.

Josh said...

Dang. We were in Philly just last summer. In 2007. Mail me one.

Nicholas G. James said...

Mail me one too hahahaha

Nicholas G. James said...

Oh and Chris wants one too

jk