Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Rain Part II

While it is exciting to tell everyone there was a Tornado Watch for Charlotte last night, it never did materialize. They get our hopes up here a lot. I think I have seen about 10 tornado watches since I lived her for 2 years and none of them ever actually hit us. Don't get me wrong, I'm glad they did not take away all the trailer homes but what happens when one really does? Anyway, it is still raining and now looks like we are on a Flood Warning. They probably post that everytime it rains here since it just collects on the roads and clay soil and has nowhere to go.

4 comments:

Josh said...

that's crazy. Lots of rain, Hurricane warnings, and tornadoes? You must have a ton of guts to live there

Josh said...

We get like category 1 tornadoes and weak earthquakes that go on for 5 seconds

Becky said...

It's not too bad Josh. Just lots of warnings, nothing really happens. We're too far inland. Now when I lived in Indianapolis for a Summer, a tornado hit a mile from where I was staying. Talk about scary!

Josh said...

cool