Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Rain rain go away...


Just as I was bragging the other day about how nice the weather had been here lately, (80's with dryer heat) I am struck down with a week of rain! Now most individuals might think "Hey! Rain is good!" I do agree, to a certain point. While rain is necessary to grow stuff and what not, it does not make for easy driving in Charlotte, NC. The clay soil that does not absorb the water well combined with the roads that are designed to collect water on them make for easy hydroplaning. All the drivers have realized this and have found a way to cope. Braking. Braking a lot and all the time. Granted I have my trusty Subaru with the all wheel drive, which makes me think I can drive normally on days like this, it does not guarantee that they will get out of my way.


Driving to work this morning. There was an accident on the other side of the road that was cleared up but everyone braked for about 2 miles before it to make sure they saw what happened.


Everyone wish me luck driving to work this week in the rain, as I will be traveling to satellite offices every day. (Yes we got a new person who is making the schedule and doesn't realize I live 1 mile from the main office) (While I don't mind covering the satellite offices, I usually don't travel to them more than 3 times a week)

1 comment:

Jenni said...

Drivers suck!! That picture makes me dread the first snow fall of the year. How do people forget how to drive in bad weather in 4-5 months???