Monday, April 6, 2009

Slacker


I realized that I have not blogged in a long time and let me tell you why. I wanted to showcase my first knitting project. But then I realized I suck at knitting and decided to crochet. (I have crocheted in the past) I found this cute blanket pattern and got started. Well a month later I am only about halfway done and of course decided to start a smaller project to showcase. I found a cute placemat pattern and got started. Well let's just say I am super strong or super retarded but I broke the crochet hook. It was not one of those metal ones but an acrylic one. They are cheaper and now I see why. So I went back to A.C. Moore** and bought the metal crochet hooks so I don't break anymore of them. Hopefully in a couple of days I will be able to show off my fancy placemat!


**A.C. Moore is a craft store in the East that has 3 aisles of yarn! I didn't know there were that many types of yarn.

6 comments:

Jenni said...

A placemat??? can't wait to see it.

Heather said...

If you want some other quick crochet ideas, I really like this blog:
http://littlegreen.typepad.com/romansock/

There are a lot of free patterns too! I've only tried to make one thing (the little pomeranian) and it turned out kind of okay... a little weird looking. I didn't really follow the pattern very well.

You should make an Easter chick!

Becca said...

Amy: Oh, are you crochetting?

Hahaha. I'll say you've done it before!

Becky said...

Heather I have never crocheted anything that is not flat. Maybe I will try a little one. Those chicks do look cute.

Becca I was going to bring up the Amy story but...I figured someone else would. HAHA

anjuli said...

I had to see what you are crocheting. Good luck. You don't know your own strength. Too funny about the broken crochet hook. I'm back into cross stitch, my craft of choice.

anjuli said...

And the above comment would be from Karen, your sister. :)