Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Atlanta Wedding

My friend Jennifer's wedding in Atlanta was a lot of fun. A year of planning? I thought at first was crazy. However, when it came down to the day, everything flowed smoothly and whenever a mishap came up, it was taken care of in a flash. This of course was the first non-mormon wedding I have attended and found it to be somewhat similar to the way weddings are depicted in movies. (Yes I attribute all my inexperienced knowledge to movies) The church wedding, walking down the aisle, flower girl, preacher, etc., were all accounted for. There were a few extra things I had not seen before, such as the unity candle and 4 prayers during the ceremony. Of course I had front row action as I was one of the 4 bridesmaids.

Jeanine & Becky as Bridesmaids

Jennifer & David Orr

(Notice the Nutcracker bride & groom on the table and the unity candle is on the right.)

Me getting ready before the wedding. Notice the pink quartz necklace. This was our bridesmaids gifts that we received the night before. Jen & David had mined them and had them made into necklaces for the 4 of us.

Jeanine & I were goofing off waiting for the family pictures to finish so we could go to the reception.

2 comments:

Jenni said...

You look so pretty in those pictures. And movies never lie so don't feel bad for getting your info from them!!

Brooke said...

How fun to be a bridesmaid at a wedding! That is awesome that they mined the gemstone themselves and put them in necklaces for you. I'm glad to know that sometimes movies and tv can portray reality.