Thursday, January 31, 2008

Motion Sickness Movie

Last night my friend and I went to see Juno in the movie theater. This is not a review of that movie, as I never read other people's reviews of movies. (Sorry Brandon but I will read your review of Cloverfield after I see it.) While we were at the ticket booth buying our movie tickets, there was a warning sign for the individuals who wanted to see Cloverfield. It read something like this:


"Due to the filming method used for "Cloverfield," guests viewing this film may experience side effects associated with motion sickness, similar to riding a rollercoaster."


Wow! Never have I seen such a warning sign for a movie. I wish this sign was up for a couple of other movies I saw that made me want to throw up after. (Bourne Supremacy and I actually did throw up during Scream 2, but I blame Applebee's for that one.) The only thing they should have added to the warning sign was:


"Motion sickness pills available at the candy stand for 600% mark-up price."


Needless to say I still want to see Cloverfield, but I may be taking some non-drowsy dramamine beforehand to get my moneys worth.


*Sidenote: If you want to see a random, really funny, good movie, see Juno.

3 comments:

Jenni said...

um once I heard it was filmed with hand cameras I knew I would NEVER see Cloverfield. I almost barfed at The Blair Witch Project, the only thing that saved me was me falling asleep. (awesome first date, bah ha ha)
But I can get motion sick at any weird movement, like if I roll my chair away from my desk too fast, WHAT A PANSY!

Becky said...

HAHA you saw Blair Witch for a first date AND fell asleep? Awesome.

Anonymous said...

I'm like films