Thursday, January 24, 2008

She's Crafty!

I got a sudden hankering to do something crafty. I don't get this urge very often so I don't see a problem in indulging myself from time to time. Years ago I was taught to crochet and went on a frenzy of crocheting blankets and well mostly blankets. At the time I lived with my sister and her family. One night I was sitting on the couch making a blanket after school and my niece walked up to me and said, "Oh are you crotchetting?" Now it's hard to find the humor in reading this, but imagine pronouncing crochet with the first part saying "crotch". Well I laughed my head off and probably scarred my little niece for life, (Sorry Amy) but it is a good story.

Anyway, thinking maybe I will get into crocheting again, I began to peruse Amazon.com looking for some ideas. Well when I put "crochet" in the search box, guess what the first item was:



All I have to say is awesome. Maybe I will take up pottery.

5 comments:

Brandon said...

Ah, excellent Amy story.

What the crap? The Happy Hooker? The world is a weird place.

Jenni said...

Stitch 'N Bitch makes a mean guide to needle crafts. I love being a stitch'n bitch! ha ha ha

Matt said...

Ahh good times with Amy when she was a little one... Let's not even discuss the things I did while you lived at our house :) It'll be our little secret lol

Becky said...

Matt! What in the world are you talking about? Destructoman? Dog biscuits?

Becca said...

Hee hee. You said "hankering," you Southerner.