Thursday, January 10, 2008

Redneck Stories for Becca


Ok well since I haven't looked at my blog since the last time I posted, I found I would entertain Becca with some redneck stories.


Last Christmas we were driving to my bosses house for a very exciting Christmas party. None of us had been there so we got some google map directions. Well of course it was pitch dark out in the country, so I missed the turnoff to his neighborhood. I had to drive up a bit to turn around. I turned into this house and thought I could make a U-turn on their gravel and as I'm doing so, someone yells at me, "You are driving on their lawn!" I kept on going and said, "What are you talking about? There is just dirt and gravel." Well apparently in the south, that is considered lawn. Probably somewhere beneath the gravel was some nice grass. Then I was informed that people out in the country shoot you for less than that. I was lucky to get out alive. What I find ironic is that while you can't make a U-turn on their "lawn" they are allowed to park up to 7 cars on it.

That story was not very exciting. Sorry Becca. I will come up with better stories to amuse you. I blame it on this nasty virus I am just now getting over. Blasted virus!

1 comment:

Becca said...

Hee hee. Gravel lawn... what sane person would realize that it was actually a person's front lawn? Certainly not me. Anyway, good story, Becky. I only wish that some drunken redneck had come out and tried to shoot holes in your car. Then your story would have been truly complete.